Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter and Ku'uliko's potty success












I just posted some other pictures but so much has happened and I haven't kept this up to date so here's more pictures. We had a good Easter yesterday. I woke up early and made bread dough so Ku'uliko could make Easter bread or as she calls it, "bunny bread." It's something my mom used to do with us when we were kids. I figured I would keep up the tradition. She had so much fun and she was so proud of what she made.
Then we colored eggs. Well she did. Kalei wasn't all that interested and he kept dunking his hands in the dye. Ku'uliko was again proud of what she did as you can see in the picture.
We went to Kainoa's sister's place for Easter dinner. We had ham, chicken, and the works. I made a hot spinach dip, green bean casserole, and cinnamon rolls. The food was ono.
We weren't able to do an egg hunt because we were too busy. I ended up doing the egg hunt today. Ku'uliko had so much fun finding the eggs in our house. Kalei stopped after the first one he found and started eating the candy. She counted her eggs and took out all the candy. It was so cute. Then she hid the eggs again so she could find them. She did it all day. It kept her busy.
So as you can see in one of the pictures, she was only in panties, no pants. She's been using the potty since Thursday. I'm so proud of her. It's been a long and rough road for us but she's finally doing it. Yay! She's had only two accidents since then. We've gone to Walmart, the library and to church with only panties and she's stayed dry. She actually used the bathroom at church twice during Sacrament meeting. I was surprised that she wanted to sit on the "big" toilet and that she wanted to go potty in a different place other than home. We've been giving her stickers to put up on a calendar that we have hanging on our wall. On Saturday she was going a lot and had 16 stickers. She's doing such a good job and she knows it too. She's proud of herself and it makes us so happy.
I'll keep you updated with everything that happening with us. I'll be better this time.


6 comments:

liko said...

yay for the potty! hehe, so how is it with three? i want another, but my husband says not right now. :-( your kids are so cute! how are you doing?

Unknown said...

What a big girl! She's so cute with the eggs! Aaron is like Kalei but he thought the egg was a ball and that's all he really cared about!

Noelle said...

Good job Liko! Potty training is so tiring. The sad thing is that even though they're considered trained you still have accidents for a while after. Drew finally has stopped having accidents a month ago and she was trained at 2 and she'll be 4 in July! It looks like you guys had a fun Easter weekend. Your kids are adorable! If I were to choose between Park City and St. George I'd choose Park City! The only thing I can think of to do down here is Zion National Park. That's pretty cool. There are other hikes and canyons but that's the main one. This area is really fun if you have 4 wheelers or Rhino's but I think up north might have more things to do with younger kids. If I think of anything else fun to do down here I'll let you know.

Pilar said...

Congrats on the potty success! cora is pretty good at letting me know when she has to go go, but she is still little so we have plenty of accidents. I'm glad you are all doing well!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

Aww..easter bread?? i thought it was cookies. but that sounds good gottah get ur recipe... u guys are awesome.

Ihilani said...

Hey Miki! Your kids are getting so big! Congrats on your latest addition. You guys look so good!