Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Ku'uliko's 4 and Halloween









So we had an eventful week last week. Ku'uliko turned 4 on the 26th. I made homemade pizzas and a chocolate cake with chocolate frosting (that's what she asked for). We had RJ and Emi over.
Then Kainoa and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on Thursday, the 29th. It's been 5 years. Wow! Even I can't believe it. 5 years, 3 kids later.....We didn't want to wait to have kids after we got married and Ku'uliko came along. I still remember our first anniversary. We got back from the hospital the day before. My mom cooked a steak dinner with all the fixings. We ate the top of our wedding cake which was still really good. We were staying with Kainoa's family at the time. His dad brought down their CD player and some music and Leimomi brought out some candles. And somehow Kainoa managed to get me some roses and a card. I didn't even get him anything. Or maybe I did. I don't even remember. This year he got me a deep fryer. It's a fancy one. Not the ideal gift for an anniversary but I like it. He likes it too. I got him some tall tees. We watched Couples Retreat with Kamalu. It was hilarious. Shaun watched Ku'uliko and Kalei. Then after our movie we dropped Kamalu off with RJ and Emi and went to Red Lobster for dinner. We just wanted a little time alone and Kamalu is going through that separation anxiety stage. Hopefully he'll get over it soon. It was a fun day.
Then on Saturday we went over to the Todds in American Fork. We had dinner there. Ilima made dinner in a pumpkin which is one of their traditions. It was really good. Then we went trick-or-treating together. It was fun to have the kids together. It was a little difficult walking with all those kids but it was worth it. Kalei walked for a little bit and then he rode in the stroller. I felt silly trick-or-treating with his Thomas the train bucket. Kainoa and I wore Michael Jordan jerseys. Of course it looked like a dress on me. RJ and Emi dressed up as jocks and wore their letterman jackets. It was a nice night. Kamalu was a little fussy because it was little chilly for him but he eventually fell asleep. Shaun stayed home to hand out candy and he said only 3 kids came by. I thought there would've been more. If they were smart, the kids would've raided our condos. It's a lot of homes in one place. More candy. Come on now. Oh well they missed out.
Well that's it for now. Until next time, a hui hou!

4 comments:

Sibbett_Ohana said...

wow!! 4 already!!!! The kids are growing too fast

Unknown said...

Wow! She's 4!! The kids are growing up so fast!! I love the costumes!!

Miki said...

loved the costumes girl! can't believe your oldest is 4!

Kristen said...

SO cute! Thanks for keeping in touch! We are better, and home now, talk about scary though. I can't imagine doing that with a 3 week old baby! you are superwoman!