Sunday, November 8, 2009

Birthday fun and Kamalu at 8 months









Yesterday was my birthday. I'm getting older. Not quite 30 but getting close. Kainoa made me breakfast. Then he picked up some pizzas for lunch during the football game. He got me flowers and the new Wii Fit Plus. My sister-in-law Emi and Kainoa's aunty came over to watch the game. BYU played Wyoming. 52-0. What a shut out. It was an awesome game. Everyone was on top of their game. RJ played well of course. And if anyone watched it, no, the false start was not on him but on #60.
After the game we tried out the Wii Fit Plus. The new games are so much fun. It gives you a pretty good workout.
Then we went to Old Navy. They had a great sale. 50% off all their outerwear. I also had a 30% off thing (stuff and save). I got a pretty styling coat for $25. I was so happy because I also found a pair of jeans that fit really good that I won't have to hem. It's so hard for me to find pants. Kainoa and I have the opposite problem. I can never find pants short enough and he can never pants long enough.
We ate dinner at Yamato's. It's a Japanese/Korean BBQ restaurant. I got shrimp and vegetable tempura and teriyaki beef. It was pretty good. We'll have to go back so I can get the curry. I tried some of Kainoa's aunty's and it was super 'ono. Then we went to the store and Kainoa got me a cookies and cream ice cream cake. That was super good too.
It was a great birthday. Thanks to everyone that helped make it a wonderful day.
Kamalu turned 8 months today. I can't believe that he's that old already. He's my roller. He doesn't crawl but rolls to everywhere he wants to go. That's a picture of him in our hallway. He loves to talk. Every morning he wakes us up with "Dadadada." He loves his baby food and eats it at least twice a day. He's super smiley. He loves his brother and sister even though they are sometimes rough with him. He doesn't like sleeping in his crib but he'll sleep on a fold-out Backyardigans couch that we put next to our bed. He loves to give drooly open mouth kisses. He's my little Asian baby. Well at least he looks more Japanese than the other two. We love our baby Kamalu!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I'm glad you had a great birthday! What a game! I didn't watch it but I'm sure David did or at least got the updates on his phone. I should ask him. Cool! I love that you got the Wii Fit Plus. We tried out the balancing game at Best Buy and I'm not very balanced!! haha! It was funny! I can't believe Kamalu is 8 months already! so cute!! Take care!!

Darah said...

He is SUCH a cutie Miki and I can't believe that he is 8 months already. I love his little smile and the new pics of the kids. Glad you had a great birthday and enjoyed some yummy food. Oh and thanks for the facebook message! The wontons sound good and we're excited for it. I'll keep you updated on the haps for it! Love you guys!

liko said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, MIKI!!!

we're getting old.

we're the same age, right?? two more and we're at the big 3-0.

yikes!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

hAppy belated birthday. SOUNDS like you had a good one. Many more to come

Noelle Reynolds Photography said...

Oh this is so late but happy belated birthday!! It really did sound like a good one! And Kamalu is 8 months already? He is so cute rolling around! Gotta love those open mouth kisses!

Miki said...

Happy birthday miki! You are such a great mommy, I can tell just by reading your blogs!