Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Owwweeee!













So Kamalu is now two weeks old and he got circumcised on Monday. Ouch! They don't cover that in the insurance so it had to be done two weeks after he was born. It was kind of weird because Kalei got circumcised in the hospital. I felt so bad for him. They asked if we wanted to watch and we both looked at each other and said, "No thank you." We went back to the room after it was done and Kamalu was screaming. I'm so glad I wasn't there to watch. He's doing good though. I don't like changing his diapers because it looks like it hurts.

Well for some good news, Ku'uliko, Kalei, and Kamalu have a new cousin. My sister-in-law Kami (Chad's wife) just gave birth to a little baby girl yesterday. Her name is Sophia. She's so tiny...5 lbs. 7.2 oz. She was born 3 weeks early but Kami and baby Sophia are just fine.

We have a full house now and it will get even fuller on Friday. Kainoa's mom is staying with us now. My mom has been here since the day before Kamalu was born. And my dad is coming on Friday. I'm excited to see my dad. We don't always get to spend a lot of time with him because of his busy schedule with work and church. He's only staying until Tuesday but that's better than nothing. Kamalu is getting blessed on Sunday so that's why he's coming.





Well I guess that's it for now. Here are some new pictures of Kamalu and the rest of our gang.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations to Kami and Chad!
Bummer about the circumcision...We watched Aaron's! Glad you get to see your dad this week! Hope you're doing good and take care!!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

OUCH! is the right word...CONGRATS to Kami and Chad!! wow, the yuens just know how to pop those Keikis out huh!! Baby looks healthy and wow! you guys going have party over there with all the Ohana in town. Send our aloha to the keikis, Kainoa and your mom and dad. Love you guys!!

Pilar said...

I wouldn't have watched either, I'm glad you are all doing great. We'll have to make a little trip to see ya guys, I think we might be going in July, but I'm not sure yet. we'll let you know, so we can get to see ya.