Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Our baby boy





Hi everyone. For all of you that don't know, we had our third baby on Sunday March 8th at 4:05 in the morning. He was 8 lbs. 1 oz. (our biggest baby yet) and 19 inches long. His name is Kamalu Kapanemaikalani Teruo Willing. Kamalu means the protected or safe. When I was 20 weeks pregnant I had an ultrasound that showed that baby's kidneys were slightly enlarged. This meant that he either had a blockage that would lead to surgery, he could have Down syndrome or it could fix itself. We prayed and prayed that he would be healthy. At 32 weeks I had another ultrasound that showed that his kidneys had fixed itself. Thus the name Kamalu because he was protected by Heavenly Father. Kapanemaikalani means the answer from heaven. He truly is because of his good health. Teruo is my grandfather's name.
I went to the hospital at about 12:30 am Sunday morning because I was having contractions. We had picked up my mom Saturday morning and went shopping and I think that's what kickstarted it. When I got to the hospital they said that I was only a centimeter dialated. I couldn't believe it because it felt like I was farther along. They monitored me for an hour and I was in extreme pain. They checked me again and I was 5 centimeters. I was praying that whole time that something would happen because I didn't want to get sent home. The nurse told me, "Looks like we're going to have a baby." I was so happy. Right after that they gave me an IV and an epidural. Everything happened so fast. It happened within about 2 and 1/2 hours. Because of daylight savings time we lost an hour and he was born at 4:05. I had a c-section this time because of the difficult delivery I had with Kalei. It was a little scary for me but everything went smoothly. It felt weird but I prefer having a c-section over delivering naturally any day. Kainoa was able to see the baby get pulled out. They asked me if I wanted to see but I refused. Kainoa said that when Kamalu was delivered he started peeing on everyone. He was screaming right away. He received an Apgar score of a 10 (the highest). He screamed the whole time I was getting stitched up. We were so grateful that everything went fine and that he was healthy.
We just got out of the hospital a couple of hours ago. I figured I better get this sent out as soon as possible or I'd forget. Kamalu is such a blessing. He's so calm except for when he gets hungry. The kids are doing really good thanks to my mom. She took care of them while we were in the hospital. She came right on time. Ku'uliko always wants to hold her baby brother. Kalei wants to play with him already.
I'm doing fine. It's a little sore still but I'm surviving thanks to the pain medication. We just want to thank everyone for all their prayers and support. Hopefully I can send more pictures as time goes by. A hui hou!


5 comments:

liko said...

congratulations!!! my sister kalei had her 1st baby on sunday, too!!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

WOW!!Congratulations!! A job well done MOMMY!! Glad to know that baby and mommy and the ohana are doing well. Looks like this one will be TALL. lol. He's a cutie!! You guys take care and kisses to the keikis and pls. send our Aloha to your mom. Love you guys!!

Daniel said...

Congratulations Willing 'Ohana! We'll have to take a trip over the Rockies and visit sometime. Take care. Love-Danny, Pilar, and Cora

Pilar said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! we are happy for ya and hope you recover fast.

Lana and Micah said...

Aww, so precious! Good to know that you & baby are doing well!! Congratulations you guys :0)