Friday, February 5, 2010

The boys


My little cutie pie Kamalu loves to take a bath. He loves splashing the water and he loves playing with Ku'uliko and Kalei when they're all in the bathtub together. I still can't believe that he'll be turning one next month. This past year has gone by so fast.



Here he is in the kids' playhouse that's in their room. He loves to play with Ku'uliko and Kalei. It's kind of nice because I'm able to get things done around the house when they're playing together.

Here's Kalei in the bathtub. I'm trying to capture his hair that looked like a mullet but you can't see it too well here. It was wet on the bottom and dry on the top. His hair is getting pretty long but you can't tell because it's so curly. Just like Liko's hair.
Well I've been working out and trying to eat healthy for a month now and I've lost 7 lbs. Well some of the weight was from the holidays and all the junks I ate but I haven't weighed this much since I was exercising after Ku'uliko was born. I pretty much gained 3-5 lbs with each kid so I'm so happy to be seeing some results. I still have a ways to go but I'm getting there. According to my height, I should be 104 lbs. I was 104 lbs when I was a freshman in high school. When I came back from my mission I wasn't even that light so that's not my goal. I'm just looking to lose at least 10 more pounds if possible. The exercising isn't too bad. I'm finding the time to do it so that's not the hard part. The hard part is eating healthy. I'm trying to eat less and eating healthier foods. I've cut out a lot of snacking so that's helped a lot. I'm been cooking a lot more ground turkey and I was a little reluctant because I didn't think Kainoa would like it but he doesn't mind it at all. Last night we had tacos but I used ground turkey and he and Shaun really enjoyed them. I should've been using ground turkey this whole time.
This past Monday I was feeling horrible. I was throwing up and had body aches and chills. I haven't had the stomach flu in a long time. I couldn't hold anything down and my body hurt so bad. It only lasted 24 hours thank goodness but my body's been out of whack. I lost a pound or so because of it so that's good. I haven't done any hard core exercising since because I've felt exhausted so I'll be getting back into it next week. I'm fine now and no one else got sick (cross my fingers). Just my luck that I got it.
That's about it. I guess I'll be blogging about my weight loss now and hopefully I can keep it up. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Darah said...

Miki, I'm so glad that you're doing well with your weight loss and I hope you lose all the pounds you want! It was so much fun (and definitely much needed) this past Saturday and tell Kainoa thanks again for watching Wes. Let's do it again and this time, maybe stay out for longer? hahaha. Love you!