Friday, February 26, 2010

Kainoa's birthday, Moani's blessing, and sleepyheads

Last week Friday was Kainoa's birthday. Happy 27th Honey! We had a dinner at the Todds'. I made meat jun, won ton, potato mac salad, and an ice cream cake. Ilima made yum-yum chicken and rice and the Sells made a green salad and fruit salad with fruit dip. Everything was really good. Kainoa was a little sick. He had the stomach flu earlier that week and was trying to enjoy the food as much as he could. Poor thing.
Then two days later, RJ and Emi blessed their baby Moani. It was a beautiful blessing for a beautiful baby girl.
Here I am with Moani. She's such a cutie. She's a cute mix of her mommy and daddy. She looks a lot like RJ but has some of Emi's features.
She's getting chubby and I love it. Ku'uliko and Kalei were really chubby babies but Kamalu wasn't as much. I guess it's because he was taller. We just found out not to long ago that Emi and RJ will be moving soon. We've been trying to spend a lot of time with them before they go. I'm really going to miss them, especially my sister-in-law Emi. She's been my best friend since we've moved here and really helped Utah feel like home. Since I don't have any sisters of my own, she and her sister Darah have kind of adopted me into their family and treated me like one of their sisters. We've gone on some girls only days out and it's been so nice to get away from it all and just talk story. Of course I'm sad but I know that this move will be good for them. Hopefully we can visit them during the summer.
Here's my silly boy Kalei with his Thomas the train cape that Ilima made for him. He loves it.
So I've been taking pictures of my two boys in funny sleeping positions. One night Kalei was crying after dinner because he wanted to eat a Rice Krispie treat. 2 minutes after I gave it to him I found him like this. He took one bite and fell asleep. He's still holding up a full sippy cup. Guess he wanted to make sure that no one took it away from him.

Here's Kamalu on the floor. I was doing the laundry and he was staring at Shaun playing his PS3. Then Shaun called me over because Kamalu had fallen asleep like. He's holding a fork from Ku'uliko tea set. He was so tired.
Then I found him like this yesterday. So cute.

This was Kalei last night. He fell asleep eating his dinner. He took one bite and was out.
I'm finally better from my cold so now I'm back on track with exercising. I did the entire DVD for the Biggest Loser Boot Camp yesterday. I think I did the whole thing once last week. I was getting frustrated yesterday because I had to pause the DVD like 10 times because of all the interruptions from the kids. "Mommy, I need this or Mommy help me." I wanted to scream but I finally got through my workout. It took me twice as long to do it and now my muscles are sore but I feel good that I perservered. Seriously working out with three kids is challenging. I was trying to do my push-ups and Kamalu was trying to crawl under me. Then Liko wanted to exercise with me but kind of got in the way. Oh well. That's my life and though it can be frustrating at times, I'm happy that my kids want to spend time with me. That will probably change when they become teenagers so I better enjoy the time I can spend with them now.

1 comment:

Noelle said...

Hahaha! I love that kids can fall asleep anywhere! And they are just SO cute and getting so big! I'm sorry your sister in law is moving away! That's so sad when friends move and it makes me wish we were up north all that much more. You're so cute Miki I know you'll have no problems finding more friends soon! Hope you're doing well!