Wednesday, August 26, 2009

All kine stuff






So there's all kinds of things happening to us. Here's an update on our family. The first picture is of us coming back from Ephraim. Liko wanted me to take a picture of her.

The biggest zuchinni is from our friend Julie and the bottom two are ones that I grew in our community garden. I made zuchinni bread for the first time with the big one. It came out pretty good. It was kind of like carrot cake so I made a cream cheese frosting. I've been trying to cook different things. Like today I had some pork steaks that I didn't know what to do with. I stuck them in the crock pot and put in some spices, brown sugar and diced tomatoes. Then I made some flour tortillas and we had tacos. It was really good. I've been wanting to make this kind of sweet and savory pork for a while and I finally figured out how.
What else has been happening? Kalei has been speaking more which is such a relief. He loves to sing. Just today he was singing the ABCs. Of course some of the letters were pretty jumbled but he got most of them. I've been trying to teach Liko how to read and write her ABCs. She still gets mixed with some of them but she can pick out letters pretty well. She can definitely read the letters BYU and she can read you every letter in Walmart. Can you tell that she been exposed to these things a lot?
Sad news, I just found out today that because Liko's birthday is after September 1st, she will most likely not attend Head Start. I was very disappointed but it was my fault for not turning in her application sooner. They said that they give first priority to 4 year olds. Man, late birthdays really suck. I should know.
Kamalu has been growing fast. He is growing out of his clothes. I think I'm going to have to buy 12 months clothes already. He only turns 6 months on Sept. 8th. He is loving his rice cereal and veggies. I haven't tried giving him any fruit. I'll give him some next month and start giving him meat as well. He has WIC checks for jar food so that'll save us a lot of money considering how much he eats.
Kainoa just started school on Monday. He has been studying so much. I think his schedule is a little better since he's home more but Mondays and Wednesdays are hard for him. He has a 4 hour block of classes plus he goes to school earlier so he can study. He came home with a headache today. Poor thing.
As for me, I've recently got into couponing. My friend Kieiki took me to a little workshop with this amazing lady Amy that gives these classes on how to save money on groceries. I've been getting into it and I've been saving a lot. I love saving money. I even get things for free. Like the other week I got 2 regular packs of Huggies diapers for $12. It's great!
I also am going back to work. I start next week. I'm just going back to Motherhood. That was the easiest place to get a job and they had an open position. I'm not getting paid much but it's pays better than a campus job that Kainoa could get. He says it's better because he can study while watching the kids. We'll see how things go. I'm going to miss my kiddies, especially Kamalu. Hopefully I won't miss any of those milestone achievements that are creeping up just around the corner.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You sure all have been busy! I know I always say this but for real, I need to be more adventurous in my cooking! All that food you make sounds super good. I'm glad you guys are doing good. I'm glad you found a job so fast! Good luck with everything!

Noelle said...

Wow all the food you talk about sounds so good! That's fun that you're going back to work. If you're anything like me it would make me love my kids more! Hahaha! Hope it goes good!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

Hey tell me a little more about couponing. I think i might want to try and see if it works out here in Washington. Kids sound great and man you are a supermom. Working too??? wow!!! hands down to ya!! hope all is well.

Marie