Monday, August 3, 2009

Fun with the kids








So we've been having fun with Daddy. He's home on Mondays and Fridays and the weekends. This past week we had a lot of get togethers with friends and family. On Tuesday RJ, Emi, Feki, Kieiki, and their two boys came over. Of course we had some good food (teri beef, won tons, potato mac salad, sushi rice, and chocolate trifle). It was good to hang out with them again.
Then on Thursday we had Chad Schumacher, Sheldon Carvalho, Teren Taniuchi, and Jocelyn (don't know her last name, one of Shaun's friends) over for dinner. I made mochiko chicken, spam musubi, and yellow cupcakes with chocolate frosting. They brought green and fruit salads. I used a new recipe for the chicken and it turned out really good. Kainoa said that I need to add it to my menu. The kids had lots of fun with all the attention.
On Friday we went over to Kainoa's sister Ilima's place to celebrate her husband's and son's birthday. She made BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. I made homemade mac and cheese (another new recipe experiment) and Aunty Heather brought cole slaw. Everything was great. We had fun swimming in the pool. All of the kids swam, even Kamalu. We played pool volleyball. That was really fun.
On Saturday we had dinner with Feki, Kieiki, Jude, Namea, Peter Chun and his wife Cris. It was at Feki and Kieiki's Wymount apartment. They set up a volleyball net in their quad. I haven't played v-ball in a while. I got some grass stains on my shorts from diving for the ball. It was fun and a good workout. Of course the grinds were 'ono once again. Feki and Kieiki barbequed some steaks. Jude and Namea brought some chili. The Chuns brought butter mochi. I made spam musubi and california roll. I haven't made sushi in a long time and Kainoa reminded me of that. It was fun spending time with good friends that we haven't seen in a long time.
Oh yeah, that first picture took me a long time to take since I was trying to get all of the kids to look at the camera but I was not successful since of course Kalei is not looking. Also, the last picture is of lettuce that I grew. I planted the seeds in April and my neighbor Jenebie transplanted them into our community garden. I just made a creamy cilantro lime dressing to go with it.
Okay so I noticed that I talked a lot about food in this blog. Sorry if I made anyone hungry.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you totally made me hungry! Can I have that recipe for the mochiko chicken?

Anonymous said...

I wish I could come over for dinner!;) You are an amazing chef! It was soooo good to see you guys too!!! It has been way too long! Your kiddos take the cutest pictures!