Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Endless Summer....I wish










So we've been trying to enjoy these last few weeks of summer. Wish it didn't have to end. Kainoa starts school on Monday. Bummer. At least his schedule is better this semester.
I've been being a little adventurous with my cooking too. Here's some pizzas I made. I got a recipe for the dough online. I rolled it and tossed it so it came out super thin. I also made my own sauce. Well semi-homemade. I used a can of crushed tomatoes and added some stuff. I had to admit, that the pizza was pretty dang good.

Then a couple of days later I made a roasted chicken and the next day some kalua pig and chicken long rice. Then the Sunday after I made cinnamon rolls. I found a new recipe for the dough and it was super soft and heavenly. I might have to make those again.

This past Tuesday we went to Thanksgiving Point because it was $2 Tuesday. It was so crowded. We went with the Po'uhas and of course Shaun was there too. We went to the Dinosaur museum. I guess it's the largest museum of it's kind in the world. Who knew? The kids had fun and that's all that mattered. I'm not sure if it was worth saving the extra bucks since there were so many people but oh well.

This past Saturday we went to the BYU scrimmage. RJ is doing so good. I'm so happy and so excited that he's going to start this year. He better since it's his senior year. He'll be the starting center. The rest of the team is looking good. I really hope that they do well this year. They have some big games coming up, especially their first game. It should be a great season.

On Sunday we drove to Ephraim to go to our family friend EricRoss Anderson's missionary farewell. We've never been to Ephraim before and had no idea where it was but little did we know that that's where Snow College is. The kids slept in the car so that made it nice.

Yesterday we took the kids to the pool in Provo. We met Wendi Sanchez there with her three kids. Our kids were free and it was $4 for each of us. It was well worth it. The kids had tons of fun. They loved it. There was a kiddie pool where they could swim around. There was a little playground thing with sprays and sprinklers. The kids had fun going down the little slide. We were able to go down the two tube slides there. That was worth the $4. I would've taken pictures but it wasn't allowed. Lame.

Tonight was the Cougar Kick-off. It's like a pep rally for the community. We met RJ and Emi there. It was pretty fun. They were giving out free stuff and it was so cool to see people asking RJ for his autograph. What's even funnier is that a girl actually asked Kainoa for his autograph thinking that he played football. What's even funnier than that is that RJ's coach asked him if Kainoa played football before. They're really short on players on the O-Line. I was telling RJ to put in a good word. I wouldn't mind having Kainoa play football. There's tons of benefits if they give him a scholarship. It would be hard on his studies but it would be worth it. I'm getting way ahead of myself because who even knows if anything will happen.
Okay well I've said enough. I better update this better so I don't have to bore everyone will such a long post.
P.S. Here's a funny video of Kalei singing to his Backyardigans toy. He loves to sing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sounded like loads of fun! The food looked super good! I need to be more adventurous with my cooking! Miss you guys!

Noelle said...

Those pizza's looked really good and I've always wanted to know how to make chicken long rice. Maybe I'll have to google it. It's so sad summer is over. Even though I don't have kids in school and my husband didn't really get the summer off, it just means that winter is that much closer to coming. My sister and her kids went to Thanksgiving point on a $2 Tuesday. I wonder if you saw her and didn't know it. Could've with all those people there. She said it was crazy too. I actually have no idea where Ephraim is either but I have heard of Snow College. Maybe next time you're down you can give us a call or the next time we pass your way, although I have no idea when that will be! :)