Sunday, February 22, 2009

Valentine's Day and Kainoa's Birthday






I guess I kind of forgot to write about Valentine's Day. Well Kainoa gave me an early present and let me go to the mall by myself to get my hair cut on the Monday before Valentine's Day. I've been complaining about how long it was and I haven't cut since we've moved to Utah (about 7 months). I cut about 4 inches off. Then we had our date the day before Valentine's Day. We went to eat at Red Lobster. I ate my entire meal-salad, snow crab legs, jumbo coconut shrimp, and a baked potato. I felt good to be able to really enjoy a meal. Then we went to watch Paul Blart. It was so funny. I was scared that I was going to have contractions from all the laughing. Oh yeah, he also got me roses, chocolates, and a teddy bear. It was so sweet.
Kainoa's birthday was on the Thursday, the 19th. That morning I ran to the store with the kids and got him a giant chocolate donut for breakfast. Then we were able to go on a date. We ate at a Brazilian restaurant called Tucanos. It's an all you can eat barbecue place. We ate so much. I had a passion fruit lemonade. It was sooooo good. They even sang to him and gave him ice cream. I'm glad he was able to enjoy himself. We watched "He's Just Not That Into You." It was good but not the best.
Then we were able to celebrate with his family the next day. We went to his sister's place and met up with his brother and wife and ate Papa John's pizza. I didn't realize how good their pizza was. I made him a cake and we had chocolate ice cream from the BYU creamery. If you like chocolate ice cream, you gotta try this. It's the best. I think it's even better than Haagen Daez. We watched Madagascar 2. It was fun to spend time with the family.
As for me, still no baby yet. I'm hoping soon. The doctors said that if I go into labor now that they would deliver me. I'm hoping that that happens really soon. Anyways, I better get going. That's the latest for us.

8 comments:

Feki Pouha said...

Alohas to you guys from us guys...

Atwood Ohana said...

Miki!!! I am so so so glad you found my blog! I have been missing you. That's so exciting about your new baby (well on its way). You're having contractions??? poor thing. I went into labor with Jade at 33 weeks but they sent me home on bed rest til i was 36 weeks. It stunk! I know how awful it is waiting when you're in pain. But hang in there and i love ya! oh...and you live in Utah??? Where? Let's meet up!!!! I would LOVE to see you! Your two kids are so cute! I can tell they are your kids right away! I will email you too. love ya!

Noguera's said...

im glad i have your blog now so that i can keep up with you. David is great and growing fast. I know im leaving TVA in april. Im sad :( where r u at?

Feki Pouha said...

Hey you guys...Miki you are the bomb! Props to you and all the mothers who go through so much agony for our great happiness we call kids. We will continue to pray for your 'ohana.

Harrah for Israel and Imua!

Atwood Ohana said...

It's me again! haha. we live in Ephraim! That's about 50 min from Springville. Jake coaches basketball here at Snow College. But my parents retired in Payson! We go there about once a month or more. We can totally get together! I keep hearig about the Jumping Jacks place. Maybe we could take our kids there! Take care!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

Hey guys!

still no baby yet huh! Loved reading about your valentines. Keep us posted or i guess i'll know once you Blog about having the baby. Alohas

Noelle said...

I'm so glad you found us Miki! Your kids are getting big and they're SO cute!! How have you been feeling? I read that you had some scary issues with this pregnancy but I'm glad things have taken a turn for the better. That must've been so scary for you! I hope that you guys are doing good and I can't wait for a post with your new baby!

Miki said...

so what is the news on the baby? im dying to hear!