Tuesday, February 17, 2009

False Alarm

I hate having contractions that lead to nothing. On Sunday I started having contractions with back pain at 5:30pm. I wanted to wait it out to see if they would go away but at around 9:00pm I started having chest pain as well. We called Kainoa's brother and his wife to come over and watch the kids. We left the house at around 9:30 and good thing Ku'uliko was already sleeping. Kalei was still up but a little sleepy. I was worried that he would cry all night or something like that. We got to the hospital and the chest pains had stopped but I was having contractions 3 minutes apart and they were getting closer and more intense. They monitored me for a couple of hours and saw that my contractions weren't going away even after they started giving me fluids through and IV. Then they gave me a shot of morphine to ease the pain and hopefully stop the contractions at around 11:30. I was still having contractions and I could still feel the pain. I was pretty uncomfortable and then finally the contractions eased up at around 4:00am. The doctor said he didn't want to deliver the baby yet and that he wanted to give the baby a little more time to stay in the womb. I was pretty disappointed and frustrated since that's not what the other doctor told me a week ago at an appointment I had. So we finally checked out of the hospital at 5:30am. What a waste of time. I was even dialated, maybe just a fingertip but nothing more.
I went to the doctor again today and I'm close to a centimeter now. The baby's head is down but hasn't dropped yet. He told me that they would like for me to get to at least the beginning of next week. If I go into labor at that time, then they would definitely deliver the baby. I guess that's good news. I'll just have to "take it easy." That's what they told me that I have to do. I'm always thinking, "Yeah right. Do you want to baby-sit my kids so I can 'take it easy.'" That's a bunch of bologna. Well I'm going to do as the doctor said to the best of my ability. Kainoa has this week off of school so he's been helping a lot around the house and I'm so grateful. My mom will be here in 2 and 1/2 weeks. Pretty soon. Well I guess that's it for the drama that I experienced this week. Hopefully my next post will be about our baby being born but who knows. A hui hou!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man! False alarms are no fun! Hope you feel better!! Take care!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

Hopefully the baby comes soon. Congrats and man!! Everybody seems to be moving fast with #3 baby. I guess we better start. LOL. Take care!