Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I got a job!

We had a dinner at our house to celebrate my cousin Melia graduating from BYU. Her parents, her friend Jhordan, my uncle Gordon and cousins Jared and Jordon came.
It was a nice get together and we enjoyed having people over. Kainoa finished his last final the day before so it was nice to have something with the family. To celebrate him finishing finals, his aunty took us out to dinner at Yamato's. It's a Japanese Korean place. It was so nice just to sit and eat a dinner that I didn't have to make. I was able to relax and the kids actually behaved really well. Kainoa ordered the deluxe bento. It came with so much food. It was so 'ono.

Kainoa wanted to take a picture of me like this. I didn't realize my hair looked this. He said I look like a real Utahan in this picture. I had a clip in my hair and I guess my hair was pushed up because of how I was sitting.

We were watching the NBA playoffs and this is how Kamalu was watching it. Too funny.
Yes, I got a job. I'm so excited. I hopefully start next week. I'll be a bilingual customer service representative for Bank of America. I'm actually employed by this employment service in Provo. They get hired by other companies to hire their employees. It's full time and I get benefits. I'm going to work up until Kainoa goes back to school in August. Hopefully I can keep working while he's in school. They said that they're more flexible with bilingual employees' hours so I'm crossing my fingers. The pay is pretty good for over here. At least I'll be getting paid more than my last job. I hope my Spanish isn't too rusty. They said the calls will be easy. I'm so excited. We definitely need the income and Kainoa might get a job too. We'll see. Thanks to everyone for all the support. I really appreciate it. Especially to Kainoa. He really helped me believe in myself when I went in for the interviews I've had. I get so nervous but he coached me through the questions that they would ask. Thanks Honey!

5 comments:

Darah said...

Miki, I'm SOOOO happy for you! Congrats on the new job and Kainoa finishing up his finals! So cute the pics and yes, your hair does look like a Utahan in that one picture. I got your facebook comment and we do need to get together asap! This weekend my dad comes in so we'll just be hanging out with him because he's here for only a couple days, but how about next week? I know you start work next week, but maybe the weekend? Let me know!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

wow!!!you superMOM...WORKING AND ALL....good luck..hope all is well.

Unknown said...

Hooray! So glad you got the job! Sometimes I wish I was fluent in another language. *tear* hehe!

Your hair totally looks Utahn! hehe!

LOVE the pictures!

Good luck with the new job! I only wish we were there to help you watch the kids!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ihilani said...

thanks miki! Itʻs good to hear that encouragement from a more seasoned mom! Congrats on your job by the way! Iʻm sure your spanish will be just fine!