Monday, September 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Tutu and Aunty Emi!











So this past Saturday was my mother-in-law's and my sister-in-law's birthday. They went to the football game (yay for BYU!) and then we met them for dinner at the Art City Trolley Restaurant. It's this great diner that's in Springville. They came over after for cake and ice cream. They have the same favorite cake, yellow cake with chocolate frosting. I made the cake while they were at the game. Then everyone slept over. It was fun just spending time with each other. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that my mother-in-law and father-in-law came on the 19th to watch BYU's three home games. It's been fun having them with us. They've been taking turns staying at everyone's house.
Here are some fun pictures that I've taken over the past several days. The kids love having their Tutu and Man over. We had linner (lunch/dinner) at the Todds yesterday. We had beef stroganoff (Emi), mochiko chicken (me), broccoli salad (RJ), potato mac salad (me), and cake (Emma). There's a picture of the cake that Emma made. She did such a good job. She worked so hard. So cute.
So I went to an Instacare center. It's like a mini ER which is really close to our house. The doctor looked at my ears and took some blood. He says that I have vertigo, dizziness that is caused by an inner ear infection. It pretty much feels like everything is spinning as I move my head from side to side. It's been pretty tough. It'll go away or sometimes stay for hours. The only thing he gave me was a motion sickness medicine which makes me drowsy. I haven't been taking it because it makes things worse. My lab results from the blood tests came out normal but they said that I should follow up with my primary physician if it continued which it has. So I'm going to my doctor tomorrow. I hope they can find what's causing this because it really is getting irritating and painful. I haven't been able to drive and I try not to carry Kamalu if I feel it coming on. I even quit my job because I haven't been able to work. I just hope I get better soon.
Well when I figure out what's wrong, I'll update this. Take care.








4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you get better sooner or later! What a drag! Take care of yourself!!

Sounds like you guys had lots of fun though! Your kids are getting so big! I LOVE it!!

Darah said...

I hope you get better Miki! I've heard of vertigo before and it does not sound pleasant, but let us know if you need ANYTHING! Even if you want us to watch the kids, so you can take your medicine and sleep. The pictures are so cute and Kamalu is getting so big. He looks like a little man already. Thanks for helping to celebrate Em's birthday! We'll definitely see you guys this weekend!

Amy Gibson said...

Miki,
Hey I didn't know you have a blog. I just deleted mine a few weeks ago because I just never wrote on it. I decided I'll start one again when i have a computer at home all day. Funny thing is our blog name was Gibson Ohana. We had it for about a year.
Hope you feel better soon. let me know when you find anything out. Thinking of you.

Sibbett_Ohana said...

Hope things get better with your dizziness!!! Aloha to fam!!