Sunday, May 17, 2009

On Oahu



So we're here on Oahu now. We came in on Wednesday at about 6pm. We flew on a daytime flight and that is the last time we're going to do that. The kids were good on the flight from Salt Lake to L.A. The second flight to Honolulu was more of a challenge. Kalei was getting bored and he wanted to move around. Plus, the battery in the DVD player died so he was going nuts. My arms are still recovering from carrying him and then switching off and carrying Kamalu.
Right when we stepped off the plane, the heat and humidity hit us. Whew it was hot. When we got to the baggage claim, we heard Kainoa's mom and Kaitlyn laughing. They were at the waiting for us. It was so good to see them. Then we saw my cousin Jared. He works for Northwest Airlines.
After we got our luggage, we headed to Zippy's. We got Zip pacs (a surf pac for Kainoa) and Napples. Man, it was so ono.
It was the season finale for Lost and I was struggling to keep my eyes open. I was so tired. The kids went to sleep early.
We went to Windward Mall the next day. Of course we had to make a stop at Maruki Tei and Cookie Corner. I swear I'm going to start gaining weight because we're always eating. Oh well, I better enjoy it while I can.
Kainoa's dad set up the pool in the backyard. It was so hot. The water was nice. Kalei loved it but at first he didn't know what to do. He just stood there and laughed. He kept trying to put his head under. So dangerous.
Then yesterday we left before 8 am and headed to Target in town. It felt like we were back in the Mainland.
So, today we pretty much napped for a couple of hours after church. At least there was some breeze. Kalei has been stuck in Mountain Standard time so he's been up at 5 am almost every morning since we've gotten here. It was good to get a nap in. It's been exhausting. Hopefully he'll get used to the time zone soon so we all can get some sleep.
Well we haven't gone to the beach yet but we'll probably go sometime this week. It's just difficult with three kids but we'll get there. I'm so glad that we came to visit. It's been so nice. Aside from being hot, we've been enjoying it. Poor Kainoa, he's not used to the heat now but I've been okay.
Well I guess that's it. I'll keep adding pictures as things happen.

2 comments:

Sibbett_Ohana said...

AWESOME!!GLAD U GUYS GOT THERE SAFE AND SOUND. ENJOY IT!!!

Noelle said...

It's funny how you forget about the humidity until it HITS you!! It looks like you guys are having fun. I haven't had to travel yet with three kids so power to you guys! Have fun and get as much sleep as you can.