Saturday, May 9, 2009

Home

"I'm going home, back to the place where I belong..." I love that Chris Daughtry song.
So yes, we're going home. Yay! Thanks Mom and Dad! My dad called me on Wednesday and said that he could fly the kids and me back with his points/miles. He said we just had to pay for Kainoa's ticket. We didn't even have to think about it twice. We got online right away and was able to find a really good priced ticket, $425 roundtrip. We're flying out next Wednesday to Oahu. Kainoa is staying until June 2nd. We're going to celebrate Kalei's birthday while we're there. Kainoa will come back to Utah and I'll be staying there. The kids and I will fly to Maui with my mother-in-law in June and I'll stay there until July. My family has a reunion in the Big Island in mid-July. Then I'll fly back with the kids and my brother Shaun. He's moving up here with us. So Kainoa and I will be separated for about a month and a half. It's a long time and I hope I'll be okay. I think it should be fine since I'll be at home with family. We almost were going to be separated this summer because Kainoa was thinking about doing his externship in Hawaii while I stayed in Utah. I'm glad he was able to get one here in Utah but now it'll be backwards since I'll be in Hawaii. It'll give us practice for next summer when he actually does his externship in Hawaii.
I'm so excited! I started packing the kids' clothes on Thursday. It'll be a good trip. We were talking about how we need to plan out our time there with what we want to eat and where we want to go. We're going to the beach, that's for sure.
For those that are back home, call us up or we'll call you and hopefully we can get together.

5 comments:

Noelle said...

I am SO jealous!! Can I jump in your suitcase? I want to go home so bad but at least it's warm now. That makes things easier. That will be so fun for you guys! I love thinking about what I'm going to eat and what we're going to do. Please post pictures while you're there. I like to live through other people that still live in Hawaii. Have SO much fun with friends, family, and the beach. I'm sure you'll be taken care of when Kainoa has to leave!! Take care!!

liko said...

it will be easier to cope about an absent husband with family around. i'm speaking from experience. and call me! it'll be fun! the beach has been so lovely, and the days are getting a lot hotter!

Unknown said...

Hooray!! I'm so excited for you guys you to come back and visit!!

Pilar said...

How fun!. Thanks to Daniel's parents will be able to go in July and can't wait. It should be lots of fun to spend all that time in Hawaii specially for the kids, no time to be bored. Lots of activities will make time go by fast and soon you'll be back with your hubby.

Sibbett_Ohana said...

How fun!!!!Thanks to my Father in laws miles we all are going back in July...AWESOME!!! so glad for you guys....Have a safe but fun trip!!!