Monday, March 5, 2012

Our newest addition

Here's our newest addition to the family....Kilinoe Kapu'uwai'olilani Sumiko Willing. We checked into Castle Hospital the night before at around 9:30pm. I was having contractions that started at 4 minutes apart but became 3 minutes apart by the time we got there. The nurses stuck an IV in me and started giving me fluids hoping that my contractions would stop but they didn't. I stayed overnight and had to wait until my doctor came in at 7am. I was dreading that and hoping that she wouldn't send me home. The contractions were painful but I wasn't dilated at all and I didn't sleep that night at all. My nurse, Bethany (she was the best) talked to my doctor before she came in to give her a heads up. My nurse came into the room at 6:45am and told me if I wanted to have a baby that morning. I was thinking, "Heck yeah!" So they prepped me and Kainoa got all dressed up head to toe for the operating room. We were so happy and so excited. It was a c-section so everything was very quick. Kainoa said that from the time that they made the incision until the time that she was pulled out was 6 minutes. Kilinoe was born at 8:37 am weighing 6 lbs.15 oz. and 19 inches long. She pretty much is a mini Liko. She came out with curly hair and looking just like her big sister. The kids came with Tutu, Aunty Momo, and Kaitlyn to visit. They were so excited to see her. Well at least Ku'uliko and Kalei. Kamalu not so much. He wanted to be with daddy and tried getting me to carry him but I couldn't.



Here's me after being awake for more than 24 hours. I guess I don't look too bad. Yeah right.



We went home 2 days later, on Friday. Kalei was so excited to see his sister.






Here's Kamalu feeding Kilinoe her first bottle.


Kalei had his turn.



All my kiddies together.
Kilinoe looks a little different in this picture. She's such a good baby. Only complains when she's dirty or hungry. We just love her!

2 comments:

Darah said...

Congratulations Miki!! She is such a beautiful little girl! I can't believe you guys have four kids already and the other three have grown so much. You look great in your picture by the way, and I mean it. Glad things went well and I'm more glad that Kilinoe is with you guys too! Love you all!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

Congrats miki and kainoa, she is definitely a cutie...speedy recovery miki, was that your second c-section or first? Wow your a trooper I love all tje pictures with your kiddos and the new edition, so cute...lots of love and aloha from us....