Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Weekend

Little Kamalu a day after he got 3 staples on top of his head. Kalei pushed him down and he hit his head on the TV stand.
You can kind of see them in this pic. He screamed when they put them in but pretty much slept the rest of the day. I felt so bad for him.

Always showing his 'opu.

Trying to take a pic for the Christmas cards. Not sure if we'll be using this one but we'll see. Took us a while to get it.


This would've been perfect if Kalei wasn't wiping his nose and was looking at the camera.


Then Kamalu was pretty much done with taking pictures.
Me and my buddy.
Well this Thanksgiving weekend was a great one. My brother-in-law, wife Emi, and daughter Moani drove from Oklahoma to visit. We had a lot of fun spending time with Emi's family, the Snows and Kainoa's sister's family the Todds. We slept over in American Fork for two nights. Kamalu kept us up all night on Wednesday because he was constipated. He was happy after that problem was resolved.
On Thanksgiving Day my sister-in-law Ilima and I were busy cooking. She pretty much made everything-turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, stuffing, green salad, and rolls. I made pumpkin and apple pie and the sweet potatoes. Everything was 'ono.
Our Black Friday shopping started at midnight. Ilima and I went to Walmart. It was crazy. We started at the towels. This stupid guy was pushing and shoving so he could get armfuls of towels. He was part Polynesian, I think Samoan or something. I was mad so I said to him, "Eh, you no gotta push." He just ignored me. Why you gotta make us brown people look bad? Not saying that I'm super brown but I have a little tinge of brownness. I was giving him stink eye big time.
Anyways, I did get some good deals at Walmart. We came home from AF a little later and Kainoa pretty much kicked me and the kids out of the house so he could write a paper. So being the crazy deal snatcher that I am, I went to Costco, University Mall, and Walmart (again) with the kiddos. I went to Costco just to get diapers because the $6 off coupon expired today. It was super crowded. Now that the new shopping carts at Costco are a little taller and me being the short person that I am, it's harder for me to see where I'm going. Steering that dumb cart was challenging in the sea of people.
Next to University Mall...Tai Pan Trading Company (home decor store), Macy's and Toys R Us Express. I tried going into other stores with my double stroller but gave up. I got some pretty good deals.
Then to Walmart. It was still crowded and I got there at about 4pm. I picked up a few more things and left.
On Saturday we went to the Instacare and got Kamalu's staples removed. He has a pink scar and he screamed when they removed them but fell asleep in the car as we headed back to American Fork to watch the BYU vs. Utah game. I made some Korean style drummettes aka crispy shoyu chicken and some potato mac salad. Well the game was so sad. BYU made some mistakes but the refs were pretty dumb on a call that should've been reversed. Poor Mitch Payne. He was awesome all night and some player didn't do his job and his last kick was blocked. Oh well. You gotta say that they played well considering how they started off this season. Wish we could've ended on a win but maybe next year.
It snowed all last night and most of this morning. "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas." We still need to put up our Christmas tree. We'll do it sometime this week. Kainoa's been so busy with school and it's not going to get any better until the semester's done. Hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving. Until next time...a hui hou!

1 comment:

Darah said...

You are brave to go Black Friday shopping! I can't do it, especially when I hear stories of people getting all nuts over things, like the Samoan and the towels? Seriously? My sister in law was at the Kunia Walmart and said people were scrapping in the store...ca-raaazy! Anyways, we had so much fun having you guys over! We really need to do it more often. Everyone had a great time and the kids were so cute. Thanks again for the cookies and the drinks:-) Hope school goes well for Kainoa...and hopefully when the semester ends, we can get together? Or even before the Christmas break. Poor Kamalu, but glad the staples are out! He's sooo cute!