Monday, November 8, 2010

The Haps

Yes I know I've been out of the blog world for way to long and I've promised to be better but didn't keep that promise. But here I am now blogging again. A lot has happened during the past two months.
In the beginning of October my mom came over to attend General Conference. While she was here we took the kids to pick their pumpkins in the pumpkin patch close to our house. They enjoyed getting in the dirt and looking for their pumpkins.


There was a little petting zoo next to the pumpkin patch. The kids had fun feeding the animals.


It was Ku'uliko's 5th Birthday on October 26th. Here she is in front of her preschool wearing the birthday crown she made on the first day of school. She wore it all day.

Two days before her birthday we had a little birthday dinner with the Todds, Granty Heather, Uncle Shaun, Uncle Teren, and Uncle Ben. I love Kamalu's face in this picture.


The kids rode the train at Provo Towne Center. They loved it especially Kalei.


Here we are on our 6th anniversary. We went to the Portuguese Kings of Comedy Show with Augie T and Frank Delima. We were cracking up the whole time. We stayed at the Marriot right there in Thanksgiving Point thanks to my parents, the Todds, and the Lindseys. It was first overnight stay without the kids.


Here's Augie T signing our DVD.

The boys loving giving each other hugs.


Here's Kamalu. He loves saying, "Cheese!" He's speaking a whole lot more.


Only Kamalu looked at the camera. The others were too busy watching TV.

We celebrated Liko's birthday again with our friends at their Halloween party. I don't have any pics of the kids in their costumes because I forgot to bring it to our Ward Party. I'll have to get the ones our friends took. Liko was Jessie, Kalei was Woody, and Kamalu was Bullseye from Toy Story. I made all their costumes. It was hard work and I wish I had taken pictures of them.

Here I am with some friends-Melissa, Priscilla, Raiann (sp?) and Tammy. I changed out of my costume. I just wore Kainoa's clothes including his shoes.


Blowing out the candles on my cookies and cream ice cream cake. Good thing that all 29 candles weren't in the cake or it would've melted the cake.
Me and the kiddies. The two boys have the same mouth. Then there's Liko posing. It was good birthday weekend. On Friday we went to the BYU/BYU Hawaii men's basketball game. BYU Hawaii didn't win but we still had fun with our friends the Settles, Lindseys, and Silvas. We were able to get a babysitter (thank you Hoku).
Then on Saturday we had a BBQ at the Settles' home and it was good fun just to get together again. Of course we enjoyed some good food as well.
Yesterday was a good day too. Kainoa made me breakfast (oops! We didn't fast). We had portuguese sausage, eggs, and rice. I also got an extra hour of sleep because of daylight savings time. Kainoa also got me some roses which is all I really wanted. Later that night, the Lindseys surprised me with ice cream cake.
We have been really blessed to be in our new ward and have been able to meet and get to know two really great families from Hawai'i, the Lindseys and the Settles. It's nice to get together so we're not missing home too much. We always have tons of fun together. I was telling Kainoa that I wouldn't mind living here permanently if he could find a job here just so we could stay close to them. Of course we would go home to visit. We still don't know what's in store for us yet but as soon as we know we'll let you know. That's it for now. A hui hou!

2 comments:

Darah said...

Loooove the pictures. Kamalu is soooo big and still such a cutie! I can't believe how big Liko is and Kalei too. It has definitely been awhile since we all hung out! Glad things are going well, we wanted to go to the comedy show too, but we no more money...but I'll definitely buy his next DVD! And glad you had a great birthday! I've come to the realization that it isn't so bad living here either, when you have great friends.

Susi said...

Mikilani,
You have the most beautiful family. I'm glad you have made good friends in Provo.
Whenever I think of you, I smile. Love you oodles...Susi Woodworth