Monday, March 22, 2010

Kamalu's Birthday Party

Happy Birthday Kamalu!
We celebrated Kamalu's birthday on the 13th at my sister-in-law's house in American Fork. My mom came earlier during the week and Kainoa's mom was here before that. It was nice to have them here and to have all our family and friends come. Of course there was 'ono food and the cake turned out great. I baked it and my mom decorated it. I wanted to help decorate it too but I was too busy cooking. Oh well, next time. And...it snowed! There was a snowstorm when he was blessed and we were joking about how Kamalu causes it to snow.
Liko helped Kamalu blow out the candles.
He wasn't as interested in the cake this time around. He took a nap up until this point of the party.
Liko and his cousins helped him open his presents. Thank you to everyone that came. It was a fun party and Kamalu enjoyed it.
Not a very flattering picture of Ku'uliko but it sure is funny.
Kainoa's brother RJ and his wife Emi and their daughter Moani moved to Oklahoma a couple days before the party. They have helped us so much since we've moved here and made Utah feel more like home. RJ got a job there so that's why they left. It was really sad but we're happy for them. Emi is the sister I never had and I'm going to miss having them so close. We miss them a lot and hopefully we can make a drive down there sometime soon.
Our family has been sick and I feel bad for my mom and mother-in-law who probably got sick from us. We took Kamalu to the ER because he was wheezing one night. Turns out it was croup and he's doing so much better. Ku'uliko and Kalei have colds and so did I. Kainoa is getting sick now too. The kids are not coughing as much as they were before, thank goodness. I think I got sick because I wasn't getting enough sleep since I was taking care of the kids. I'm feeling a whole lot better, just a little congested. I cannot wait to have us all healthy again.
My mom left this past Wednesday and Kainoa's mom left yesterday. Now we're alone. Not alone but it was sad to see them go. I hope that they can come back soon. Well at least I know that they'll be here in a year when Kainoa graduates. Hopefully someone can come before that. I miss home and wish I could go back but that's not possible right now. I'm hoping Kainoa can get a job in Hawaii after he graduates so we can move back. I'm crossing my fingers.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sure looks like a lot of fun! I can't believe Kainoa graduates in a year! Nice.

I hope he finds a job in Hawaii too! *cross fingers* We miss you guys!

Darah said...

Awwww that did look like it was a fun party and I'm so sad that we missed it! How are you feeling? We do need to get together soon (this week, maybe?) because I still have to give you Kamalu's gift too! I'm so sad that Em them are gone and I hope she updates her blog now and I hope Kainoa finds something at home too. Hawaii no ka oi, or Maui no ka oi? hahaha, either way there's no place like home.