Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Maui No Ka 'Oi

Well I'm here in Maui now. I'm enjoying the Maui life and being back home. It's nice to have the kids spend time with Ama and Grandpa Yuen and also my grandparents and my grand uncle Aichi. It's been lots of fun but of course we miss Kainoa. It's not the same being here without him. I really missed him on Father's Day but it's also been good for us. We appreciate him so much more.
Since we've been here, I, of course, have eaten guri guri, Homemade Bakery manju, and Saigon Cafe food and bought some Maui Built stuff. The kids have really been enjoying themselves. Kalei loves Ama and Grandpa's pool, especially the jacuzzi. He goes round and round in circles because of the jets. It's so funny to watch. He also taught himself to float on his back and hold his nose while he blows bubbles. Ku'uliko is a little more scared now. She used to be like him but now she knows what fear is so she's a little apprehensive when it comes to swimming by himself. I also took Kamalu into the jacuzzi yesterday. I made sure to lower the temperature for him. He was fascinated with the bubbles.
Tonight Kalei accomplished something huge. I took his clothes off to get ready for his bath. After I took of his diaper, I held him over the toilet and told him to use the potty....And he did! It was trying hard not to shake him as I laughed. He was so proud of himself. His face just lit up as he did his business. Then I gave him a high five when he was in the bathtub. Hopefully we can keep it up.
Well that's about it for now. Hopefully I can get more pictures up.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yay for Kalei!! and I'm so jealous you're enjoying all that yummy food!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

Wow!! You've been there long time. I'm so jealous. Say hi to your parents. And good job KALEI!!

Jenilyn said...

mikilani...i was reading your blog...and all this talk of hawai'i food makes me, not only hungry, but homesick for hawaii!!! your kids are seriously so adorable!

Susi said...

Mikilani,
Your babies are beautiful just like their Momma and Daddy. I enjoy your blog and celebrate Kalei's big achievement. I certainly miss Maui but we love where we are. Lately when I go to Hawaii I'm in Laie with the Tuifua ohana. Love to all... We miss you so.
Susi Woodworth