Monday, June 8, 2009

Locked out!



Our big boy (he turned 2 yesterday) Kalei was being extra mischievous today. I stepped out of the house with Kamalu to get some DVDs from my cousin Pi'i. We were talking for about 5 minutes and when I went to turn the door knob to go back into the house, the door didn't open. I was like, "Oh no!" Kalei decided to lock the door while I was outside. He was crying and I think it was because he knew he did something wrong. So kolohe. So I'm all frantic and Pi'i hadn't left but saw me stuck outside. We were trying to figure out how to break into the house and I was trying to coach Ku'uliko into unlocking the door. She was getting frustrated and kept saying, "I can't do it," and she started crying too. So I ran next door to get some help from the Eskarans. Good thing Aunty Terry and Adam were there. Adam tried to break into the house through a window but as he was about to get in, I checked the door again because I saw that Kalei was there. Sure enough as I turned the knob, the door opened. I was so relieved. Am I a bad mother or what? I asked Liko if she had unlocked the door and she said she didn't and that Kalei did. Wow. Kids do the darnest things, especially my kids. I've recovered from my heart attack and panic attack. Nah but I'm grateful that I wasn't alone when this happened. Thanks Pi'i and Eskaran 'Ohana.
If you're asking where Kainoa was during this whole event, he's back in Utah. He went back last week Tuesday night. He had to get back to do an externship at BYU and find a job. Saying that it's been difficult is an understatement but we're surviving. The kids miss him a lot, especially Ku'uliko. I miss him tons too. It's hard being with the kids and not him. I wondered if I made the wrong decision in staying in Hawaii but he reassures me that this will only help us appreciate each other even more. I do appreciate him more and more each day. I just miss having someone there next to me when I go to asleep and wake up in the morning. I miss how he is with our kids. Tomorrow makes one week that we've been apart. 6 more to go. I'll keep telling myself that I'll be okay.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I would have had a heart attack too! Glad everything turned out ok!!

Sibbett_Ohana said...

Girl you are Brave!! 3 kids on your own???I would just pull all my hair out!! I know the feeling. Pa'a works one week on which means he stays at a work apartment while we stay at his parents and then he get one week off. Its always hard without the hubbys there. I commend you!!! Enjoy the ohana while your there, you'll miss them and everything in hawaii once your back in Bootah. Alohas to you!!

Scotts of Paradise said...

What a story. Glad that you didn't have to break the window. As for hubby being gone, I totally understand that. Jared was gone for 15 months and will be gone again for 9 months in July. You can do it at least you have a supportive family there at your side. Also, try Skype, Alexis loves to see daddy live. :)