Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It's getting a little nippy...





















Hey all! So ummmm...it's been a while. More than a month. So sorry. I'll explain. So as I mentioned earlier I got a job that's partially the reason why I haven't posted any blogs lately. Then...Kainoa got appendicitis last month. It was pretty crazy. It happened all of a sudden and luckily his appendix didn't burst. We were in the hospital the day of the BYU/UCLA game. He was bummed to have missed it. His surgery went well and we got of there the next day. We stayed overnight and let me say that I totally appreciate all the husbands that stay in the hospital with their wives. I had a little chair that didn't recline all the way and I was pretty uncomfortable with my growing belly. Good thing Kainoa's parents were here because they really helped us by watching the kids. What a way to spend our first night alone without our kids. Kainoa has recovered and is doing good in school. He missed a whole week because he was in a lot of pain. I'm just grateful is was only his appendix and not something worse.

I got an ultrasound last month to find out my due date. My due date is March 13th and the technician said that he's 85% sure that it's a boy. It was little early to see but there was something there between the legs. I'm going for another ultrasound on Friday since I'm 20 weeks now. I went to the doctor yesterday and she said that the baby is sounding healthy and that I'm doing good. I haven't gained much weight. I've gained a total of 4 pounds and I'm 5 months along. Kainoa is worried about me and tells me that I need to eat more. I'm trying. I still get a little sick but only after I eat something. I can't eat too much at one sitting so I'm trying to eat more smaller meals.

Yesterday we had fun. We all went and picked our own pumpkin from a pumpkin patch by our house. It was so cold and windy that the kids didn't really get to walk around but they had fun. Ku'uliko loves pumpkins so she picked out a baby one. She knows that Halloween is coming soon and I'm excited for her to go trick or treating this year. It should be fun. The holidays are just around the corner and I'm trying not to get homesick. It's hard when I have these pregnancy emotions. We'll be okay though.

Kalei is our little monster. He cracks us up with some of the things that he does. We caught him making car sounds when he was playing with one of his little Tonka trucks today. It was so cute. The other day when we were at my sister-in-law's place, I caught him talking to their bunny. I swear he was talking to the bunny for 15 minutes. So funny.

Oh yes, our big girl will be three on Sunday. It's gone by so fast. She really knows that her birthday is coming up. We're having a little party with Kainoa's family. I'm going to make homemade pizza so hopefully that turns out good. She's so excited. She keeps asking me everyday if it's her party. Oh yeah, she also has been going to the potty. Not totally consistent but she's gone almost once a day for four days. It's a start. She pretty much has done it on her own. She's really independent.
Well I better get going. I need to go eat something. Small kine hungry. Take care everyone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you're all doing good! I hope you feel better soon! and yes, please take care of yourself!! I can't believe Liko is going to be 3!! Wow, that's so fast! i bet she's so funny! Kalei is so cute! We miss you guys! I wish we could help you guys out! If you ever need anything, call me...I'll see what I can do long distance!! ;D Tell everyone we say hi!! We love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, im glad your back inthe blogging world. Im glad kainoa is doing well. I love the pic of your kiddos in their pjs and brushing their teeth. Too cute!