Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Kalei's birthday






So I noticed that I've only written about what has happened to us since we've been in Utah. I wanted to mention Kalei's 1st birthday. It was June 7th. We had a Transformers party at Ama and Grandpa Yuen's house. The food was 'ono of course. Mom ordered some stuff and made some sushi, salad, and wonton. Mom and I did the cake. It turned out pretty good. I saw a cake like it online and figured we could copy it. We picked the colors. Mom did all the details and I just filled in between the lines. A lot of people came and it was nice to have Tutu, Man, Aunty Momo and Kaitlyn there. It was a lot of fun. We were so pooped by the end of the day. Plus we had to get everything packed. We left the next day for Oahu. Then we left from Oahu to Utah the day after that. I was so grateful that our kids were so good on the plane. After we took off, Ku'uliko turned to me and said, "Mommy, I want to go sleep." She laid down and was out the entire flight. Kalei was pretty good too.

Well I know this is old news already but I thought it would be nice to share it with everyone. A hui hou!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that cake!! I should try to make that cake for David!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Miki and Kainoa!
It's nice to find you guys on here! Blogs are such great ways to keep in touch huh? Hope you are enjoying your summer!